Wednesday, August 24, 2011

...I'm recapping last weekend.

So, this past weekend I had a lot going on. I turned 37. I went to a Packer's pre-season game and sat on the 50 yard line for it. Chicago was a blast, and Sunday was nice and lazy.



But, out of all of it I was able to relax. I know it doesn't seem like much for a birthday weekend. I just don't do the whole "go out and drink till I'm face down in the toilet puking my brains out." Never done that for my birthday. I don't see the point.

So, let's start off with Thursday. Thursday was my ACTUAL birthday, I have survived yet another year. It was nice. I had a cake made for me, dinner, and all sorts of relaxing thanks to my lady once I got home.

Friday was the game. I took the day off. Spent most of it laying in bed until it was time to get up and be ready for some football. I got four tickets to the game and took three awesome people: my lady, and my kids grandparents. They have done a lot for me lately, so I treated them to the game. It was a fun time. First game for them and great seats for it.

Saturday we got up late. Why? We were being lazy and we didn't get home until way late from Green Bay. We got to Chicago at about 6, went to Chicago Diner for dinner and went back to the hotel for some grand relaxation at the hotel.

Sunday was just running around Chicago. We saw Marilyn over by the WGN building, went to Navy Pier for a Ferris Wheel ride, and saw the back end of a moving jet much closer than I ever wanted to.

We got home late again and kind of laid back for the night. It was a relaxing and fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment