Thursday, August 18, 2011

...I have completed level 36. On to level 37.

For all my geek friends out there, I have dinged level 37 this morning. Level 36 was complicated, tiring at times, and quite awesome as well. Here are the highlights, starting with the Level 36 ding itself.

August: I had a bunch of friends with me to celebrate while I at sushi and hibachi.

September: Back to school. I took a guitar class and learned quite a bit.

October: I learned that some people are REALLY in to Halloween. I also moved jobs from broadcast to corporate.

November: My first vegan thanksgiving. There is a turkey alternative, and it's fucking amazing (pardon my swearing please)

December: I saw a play for the first time in years, and I had a good time with it. Promotion at my job.



January: Shit, school again? Year two of 8 is started.

February to May was a giant blur. School really took over with me and kept me from a lot of people I love.  Massive grind.

June: WTII Minifest. I did interviews for the first time ever. Drove quite a bit of traffic my way due to those. Thanks to all involved with them.

July: July was fun. It just ran by too fast. I wanted more motorcycle time. I got finances in order finally and it prepared me for...

August: Is where I got a lot of work done on the house. It's really coming together right now. I'm not dumb. The housing market sucks. I'll be lucky to leave and get out of there right now. So, I will keep making improvements and spring when the time is right.

Ongoing Quests:

Am.Psych. Still more awesome than I could ever imagine. We played some awesome shows, met some really cool people, and solidified friendships. It wasn't the smoothest road this past year, but family has ups and downs. John, David, and Meg. You are my family. Love you guys. I know I'm a dick sometimes.

Cat. I can't say enough about this one. I could try, but I know I'd forget something. This is the first level I've had her with me for the entirety. She backs me up, gives me strength (and a run for my money sometimes) and is just there when I need her. I don't see this one ending anytime soon. So, I think I will have to say that she's going to be one of my raid leaders I can count on to help give me a different perspective on things as I keep leveling  up.

Where is my level cap? Hopefully it's somewhere around 90. I think that will be a great time to give up the game. But, if my subscription runs out before that, I hope I gave whatever decided to gank me a good run for their money.

(editor's note: if you understood the terminology I used, you're a fracking nerd and need to get out and be around people more often)


No comments:

Post a Comment