Friday, September 16, 2011

...goodbye caffeine.

I have said it before, and I've actually done it before. Each time I slip back in to it. I have had a 20+ year love affair with Mountain Dew. To me, it's probably the best tasting soda out there.

I have been trying for a while to cut back, not have any for a couple days here and there but I always fall back and feel like I need one
It's not even really about the caffeine either, I think it's more to do with sugar and flavor. If I'm not drinking soda, I prefer juice over water. Why? Water makes me have to use the restroom like crazy and I always feel thirsty. Water just never cuts it for me.

I have thought about trying those little flavor drop things for my water, I'm not sure if it would stick. I can see myself wanting to put just one more drop in to the water to make it taste "better"

I have gone without a huge amount of caffeine for a few days now. The usual suspect of headaches that I get when I try to kick it is not happening this time.

The next step for me is to try to stop drinking the juices so much. Try to stick to a glass at breakfast and maybe one in the afternoon, but that's it.

I weighed out the negatives from this. It needs to happen. Acid reflux...sucks. It'll rot my teeth out of my face...gross. I get to be a fat mess from all the soda...sexy huh?

Time to kick this pig out as a daily habit of mine. Start working on getting the water in (and subsequent water out) and at the most have a soda when I go out.

...now if I can not go out to eat so much.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you should switch to sugar free instead of giving up caffeine. It is a fantastic drug with few harmful side effects for the benefits it produces. I used to take ibuprofen for my aches and pains, but I discovered that excedrin works wonders because of the caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rusty, water in and water out is good for you! Now if only I would remember that as well...LOL. Good luck...Mountain Dew is also one of my favorites. An occasional sip of the Dew when dining out should help satisfy your craving for it.

    ReplyDelete