Tuesday, August 2, 2011

...the carpet is in. Now I am home.

Today the carpeting went in. My girl stayed at the house so that I could go to work and not lose any money or vacation days.  As she said to me "It's not like I have anything else to do." So she stayed here and cracked the whip on the installers the whole day. 

Last night was a pain in the ass. I know she'll punch me for saying it, but it was. I had been at work all day and the last thing I wanted to do was move a bunch of furniture around and clean like I was moving. But, I like staying in good standing with her. It helps me out in other avenues. Over the weekend I had moved everything to what is now my office. I had it all in there and I was happy that there were only two things left... 


"OK, time to move everything out. Start taking your desk apart so we can move it downstairs."

One, I hate my desk. It's a pain in the ass to move. Two, it's a tad too big for what I have for computer equipment. 

She cleaned everything off while I moved the desk down.  Dusted. Washed. Moved back. I went to bed last night exhausted at about 2am after taking a shower. I don't think I actually fell asleep until three.

This morning, I went to work and had no idea what to expect. I had talked to her a couple times while the installation was happening. She kept saying that it was "loud" and that was it. At about five, she said that it looked great and that I would be very surprised by how things looked. I asked if the carpet looked good with the colors on the walls and she said I hit it right on.

Pretty much all of the decorating was done when I got home. I just had to hook up the TV and electronics and that was it. I was also told to stop by Hobby Lobby and get some things for the end tables as they looked "bare" and "empty". 

This is what the room looked like before, pre-painting.



Post-painting


Post-carpet and decorating.










1 comment: