Sunday, July 31, 2011

...I can see the end in the horizon.

This has been a hell of a weekend. The carpeting goes down on Tuesday and I got the painting that needed to be done completed. Now, I will say this. I would not be as far as I am without the love and support of my lady telling me I can do it. I would also be much further behind if it were not for my kids. Most people would not let a 10 and 12 year old do any painting like this. But, I have faith in them. And... they were my only helpers. And... they had no choice.



This was the room before. The walls were very dusty looking due to the suede paint, there was black on much of the trim that never got completed by the person who started it, and the baseboards were not painted at all.


This is what it looks like now. The colors are close, but they are eggshell instead of suede looking. They just looked dusty. I couldn't handle having it painted the way it was. The short walls are a dark chocolate brown, and the long walls are called "Sweet Georgia" brown. The trim and baseboards are burnt almond. The front door is going to get done once the carpet is in. There is tile right there, so I don't have to worry about it "right now". Also, I am now in the market for a pocket door. Anyone know a good company?

Right here, this is the other side of the room. Going in to the kitchen, I have a little bit on the door to finish still, but I have painted up high enough that I can finish that after Tuesday. I do have all the windows to do as well, and I will be getting the ceiling done (I made some mistakes... which then made me tape later)

This is just a nice close shot of all the colors together.

I can't wait for Tuesday. I'm really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment