Wednesday, August 10, 2011

...I realized that politics make absolutely no sense.

Home of people who make no sense
I was talking with my girlfriend's mother last night about the recall election last night. We were discussing just how much money was spent on something such as a recall election. From what I have read and heard on the radio, this is the most expensive recall election in the state to date. Numbers heard this morning on the way were reporting that over 10 million dollars (reportedly 15 million) were spent just on the Democrat side to get the Republicans out. Who knows how much more the Republicans spent.

I'm going to take a lot of flack for this, probably from both sides and from all my friends when I say this.

It was a huge waste of money for both sides. If you think I'm attacking one side or the other... read on.



There are people who are going hungry every day. According to this article the average per week for food stamps for a family of four is $68.88.

How many families can you feed then with 15 million dollars? Two hundred seventeen thousand seven hundred and seventy families. 217770 families. That is 871080 people. That is just the money on the Democratic side. Add in the Republican number that I was having a hard time finding this morning and you could be close to double this number.

People get upset that money is not getting sent to schools, but they go and spend money on the elections as if it is going out of style in an economy that is not looking to get better any time soon. This money, from both sides, should have been sent to the schools and groups like the Hunger Task Force or used to help educate people and help them get jobs.

I'm sick of hearing ads from both parties about what so and so is doing to make sure that our future isn't going to be from people who are ALSO not doing a damn thing in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment