Tuesday, May 10, 2011

...Feuer Frei!

I've been waiting for this show for since 1998. The last time I got to see them was when they toured on the first Family Values tour. I was a doing street work promotion for TVT Records at the time and they had me handing out cassettes with the latest songs from Sevendust, Gravity Kills and others on there. As a thank you for doing that bit of work, they gave me two tickets to the Family Values show here in my town and I took one of my good friends to the show.  He'll be there with his wife and our former room mate as well (he didn't get to see them last time).



My lady will be there with me tonight as we watch from our seats. No way in hell would I attempt to go see this show from the floor. I saw what happened last time. It's one of the biggest pits I've ever seen. I have bad knees, I save them for shows. I'll be standing in my spot thank you very much. Plus, I get to keep an eye on her while she dances around in her always amazing looking outfits.

On top of that, Combichrist is opening. I've seen Andy in town a few times now. Great guy. He's DJ'd at the club I frequent, we've talked synths and things like that. He always puts on a good show. I know he won't let me down. Plus, he's going to have a hell of a stage to play on. I'm very excited to see what he does with that.

For those that will be there tonight, I hope you have a great view, and a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment